At MAD Design Group UK Ltd, privacy means justness and transparency. This document provides you information about how your personal details are used on our websites for the purpose of informing and selling you our products and services as well as maintaining, improving, and managing our products and services in order to provide you with the best online and offline experience.
Your Personal Details
What personal details do we gather from you and what we do with it?
- Identity information - information we use to recognize and make sure you are who you claim to be. This includes: first and last names, email address, password, and your device fingerprint.
- Company Information - information we use to provide you access to exclusive business opportunities. This includes: company name, company type, and position.
- Contact information – information we use to connect with you in order to send you your MAD UK products, present you with promotional information, share with you what is happening at MAD UK, and answer your enquiries and concerns. This includes: phone number, shipping address, billing addresses, and email address.
- Location information - information we use to make sure we provide you with the most pertinent information based on your geolocation. This includes: residential location and current location [IP address].
- Device information –information we use to protect our network and improve our services. This includes: IP address, timestamp of the visit, how long you remained on our website, the referral URL, the pages you accessed on our site, your browser, device category, device version, and operating system.
- Purchase information – information we use to process your order. This includes: shopping cart items, delivery details, shipping address, billing address, order number, and purchase history.
- Communication - information we use for quality control purposes, and to assure we have satisfied your requests and legal demands. This includes: feedback notes, associated callbacks, email correspondence with MAD UK personnel, postal correspondence with MAD UK personnel.
- Behavioural information – information we use to confirm we communicate only information that is pertinent to you, provide you with the best MAD UK offers, and to boost your overall experience. This includes: shopping history, browsing behaviour, browsing choices, shopping preferences, and in-store interactions.
- Preference information –information we use to confirm you have the best experience at any given time we interact. This includes: default shipping address, browsing preferences, and our communication with you.
Why are we using your personal details?
Fundamentally, we utilise your personal details to present you with the best consumer experience you could have with MAD UK, and we continuously work on enhancing that experience so you will continue to love our brand, products and services.
More specifically, we use our personal details to do the following:
- To sell you our products and services - We use your personal details to process your sales order, make sure your payment is received, adhere to the requirements under our Sales Terms & Conditions, deliver products you purchased, exchange products for you if necessary, and refund you if necessary.
- To apprise you about our products and services - We use your personal details to send you alerts and updates about our Products and Services based on your likings. When you buy our products, we will be contacting you without your separate consent to present you with information about our products and services. This is considered our “legitimate business interest” in order to guarantee our business continues to thrive.
- To store your personal details - We will store your personal details until you request us to remove them.
- To safeguard our products and services - As a business, we can only continue to prosper if we strongly protect our business interests. This includes making sure that the orders and payments are valid and our marketing strategies carry the right messages to the right audience. As our consumer, your details will be used to assist us accomplish these goals in order to continue presenting you with the best products and services. This is considered our “legitimate business interest” in order to make sure our business continues to excel.
- To deliver a first-class experience to you continuously - We collect and store certain information from you and from your devices, and browsers (like “cookies”, pixel tags and other targeting technologies). This enables us to remember how you prefer to browse and shop on our websites. It also enables us to present you with the relevant information tailored to your requirements. You can find more information about how we use online tracking technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies on our “Cookies Policy” page.
- To maintain your products and services - We use your details to maintain your MAD UK account. Through our single login, you can use the same details to sign in anywhere in the UK. As a non-member, your account will be essentially kept for the purposes of completing your order; as a member, we will be keeping your account to complete your orders and allow you to have better interactions with MAD UK.
- To run, enhance and manage our products and services - We take proper technical and organisational measures to safeguard personal details against accidental, unlawful destruction or accidental loss, modification, unauthorised use, disclosure or access, in particular where the processing includes the exchange of data, and against all other unlawful forms of processing and misuse.
With whom do we share your personal details with?
In order to provide you with the best experience, we always share your details with MAD UK as well as MAD UK affiliate entities so we can continue to improve as a brand.
We also share the personal details you give to us with external service providers who help us present you with the best experience possible.
In order to be an responsible corporate citizen, we may be entailed to share your details with the following type of entities:
- Authorities and law enforcement - Government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes identified in this notice, if mandated by law or required for the legal defence of our legitimate interests in accordance with applicable laws.
- Prospective buyers' adviser - In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your personal details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective buyers' advisers, and to the new owners of the business.
Personal Details Transfer
Where do we transfer your personal details?
We share your personal details with processors outside your country after conducting an extensive assessment.
What is the legal basis for us to use your personal details as described?
- Your consent - When you register or buy products, you consent to us using the personal details you provide to carry out the intentions we identified to you in agreement with this policy. We store that we have your consent to use your personal details in a particular manner. This includes your permission to receive marketing communications, your permission to us sharing your data with third-parties, your permission to us transferring your data to a different location.
- Contractual obligations - We will process and use your personal details to attain our contractual obligations so we can provide you with your requested products and services.
- Legitimate interests - We will process and use your personal details to carry out and enhance our products and services, sending you marketing communications, research and development surveys.
- Compliance with laws - We will process and use your personal details to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws.
And how you can exercise them?
As a consumer located in the UK, you have the following rights to your personal details according to GDPR. Nonetheless, you should understand that we will observe according to the extent that the law requires us to; in some cases, where it is legally required for us to maintain your details the way it is, we will reject to comply with your requests. In this case, we will present you with our reasons.
- Access your personal details - You have the right to solicit access to your personal details. This also includes information about:
- a) why we have your personal details;
- b) what types of data we have;
- c) what we do with your personal details;
- d) who has access to your personal details and where they are;
- e) where your personal details might be transferred to;
- f) how long we are storing your personal details;
- g) if you didn’t provide your personal details directly to us, how did we obtained them;
- h) your rights under applicable laws and the possibility to moderate processing; and
- i) if we use your personal details for any automated decisionmaking, and how we do it.
If you wish to request a copy of the personal details we have on you, please contact Customer Service. If you wish to have information about the items identified above, please contact our privacy team at data-protectio[email protected]. Please observe you may be required to provide proof of identity before any procedure is conducted.
- Delete your personal details at MAD UK - If you no longer want to interact with us, or you do not want us to have your personal details, you have the right to ask us to exclude all your personal details from our systems. However, please note that there might be legal duties we need to follow with which impel us to decline your requests or to keep certain information. If you need extra help, please contact Customer Service.
- Amend your personal details - You have the right to assure your personal details are accurate and complete. If you need more help, please contact Customer Service.
- Control how we use and process your personal details - You also have the right to request us to cease using your personal details in a given way (for example, you don’t want us to send you marketing communications). Please contact our privacy team at [email protected] to inform us.
- Data Portability - You have the right to get a copy of your personal details to transfer to a new company. Contact Customer Service to request a copy of your personal details.
Questions and Complaints
How do you contact us?
You can contact our privacy team at [email protected].
For prompt assistance related to your account information, personal details access, amendments, removal or portability, please contact our customer service team.